Monday, September 10, 2007

false fortifications

"Each day we either live for God or for other gods. When we choose to worship gods and fear men our lives will suffer an emptiness and turmoil that is not much different than trying to fill our bellies with dirt. At first we may feel full, but in short order our violation...will lead to torment." -Dan Allender

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it an unscalable wall. Proverbs 18:10-11

When I trust myself, I fool myself safe. When I run to the One who is higher than I, there is protection unscalable.

2 comments:

The Resident Writer said...

Jennifer, I am so glad your'e writing a blog! (But please don't stop writing me letters.) I really like what you named it. The proverbs about preferring a bowl of vegetables in a home filled with love to a feast in a fretful home are some of my favorites!

M said...

Jennifer, I love you because you are part of my family...we are in the same family and we belong to the one and only true God thanks to Jesus Christ. How awesome is it that we have been grafted in? Us wild branches with all our whose-it's and what's-it's galore :) Share your cares, and sorrows, your joys and pains we're here to carry them with you in Christ's name. If you ever wish to visit, here's my blog address: http://www.marcella-marcella.blogspot.com/ Big Hugs!